© 2014 GREY LIKES WEDDINGS. All Rights Reserved. A SITE BY DL/SH DESIGN.
Jan09 A farming family 2014
Ross & Rebecca of Many Fold Farm (which you absolutely must check out) recently had their second daughter. They were highschool sweethearts and decided they wanted to farm together, so they did a lot of research and training and made their dream come true- chickens, sheep, cheese and all.
The photography is to DIE for. It’s amazing! We love you Ali Harper. I am obsessed with all the daddy/daughter photos.
Jul08 the BUDU baby satchel 2013
Alert!!!! Important message for the stylish mom looking for a new take on the baby carrier...and looking to get one half off!
I cannot get over how cute these baby satchels are. I know you think I’m dramatic, but really there aren’t any other products that are THIS functional and THIS hip! We love being moms, but we love being stylish moms. It’s a neutral color, with tan leather straps, it won’t mess up your cute outfit, plus dad won’t be embarrassed wearing it. I’m pretty sure it’s one of my favorite products on the market, baby satchel I love you.
Here are all the details on our sponsor BUDU‘s product!
-made with the best materials including vegetable tanned leather straps and natural bamboo fabric. Bamboo has many fantastic properties that make this an incredible fabric. It is eco friendly being sustainable than most fabrics, light and strong, breathable, naturally antibacterial, highly absorbent, softer than cotton and has a natural sheen that feels like silk or cashmere.
- designed by model and mum of two Danielle King after her first child, Oscar was born. As she is a model and in the fashion industry she wanted a baby carrier that was comfortable and easy to use, yet stylish at the same time. After years of research, countless design improvements and sample after sample, the Budu Baby Carrier was finally complete – just in time for her second baby, Dahlia.
- it has many practical features including a removable machine washable lining that easily zips off for any spills or accidents; breathable, soft and luxurious natural fabric; a hidden pocket to take personal items with you for trips to the shops or walks to the park; straps that can be opened to easily transfer your baby while sleeping; wide and thick padded straps that are positioned in front of the baby to ensure optimal comfort and support for you; comes with a dust bag to protect the carrier; plus more.
- it makes the perfect gift. Packaged in a beautiful gift box that can be kept for toy storage, this baby carrier is an indulgent, luxurious present for a very special mum and baby who will be delighted with their gift.
Here’s the really really good news. All Grey likes Baby readers will receive free shipping on their purchase with the coupon code greylikesbaby
One lucky commenter will receive 50% off their purchase…you lucky duck! You know the drill, leave a comment letting us know if you pinned, instagrammed, blogged or facebooked the product and that will enter you to win.
Apr11 Introducing Kelly 2013
She’s here!!! Our second blogger bestie Kelly is here to tell us stories and allow us some insight into her impeccable taste in everything! I wish I could describe her…she’s like a tiny salt shaker that you would like to take everywhere you go, to sprinkle flavor and inspiration on everything ordinary. You’ll love her too!
Photo by Michelle Kim Photography
I’m Kelly. 36, prego with my first.. and who knows, possibly only child. I’m married to a dear, dear man and my best friend CJ. We are over the moon about our baby girl arriving this May [more on that in a moment], and are thrilled to share the journey of the arrival of our daughter and what we learn raising a brand new human being.
Five miscellaneous but important[ish] details:
1. I am no expert on birth, mothering or any related products or services, but have become an avid researcher of all of the above… so perhaps some of the things I’ve discovered will be helpful [or at least amusing] to one or two of you reading this.
2. I definitely lean towards the natural end of the spectrum when it comes to all this baby stuff.. so I’m doing my best to keep life in our home simple, creative and home-made.. that said, we plan to deliver in a hospital vs. birthing tub and when it comes to the great debate of whether or not to accept things like an epidural, my answer is: ‘I want to do this as naturally as possible, but if I’ve been in labor for 25 hours and am at the end of my rope, I plan to exercise my right to change my mind. Shame free.’
3. I LOOOOVE well designed spaces and repurposing lovely old things… so stay tuned for future posts about what I’ve decided to do in the nursery.
4. We are due on the festive holiday of Cinco de Mayo. I cannot tell you how badly my husband and I hope our baby girl arrives on her actual due date… can you even imagine the endless party theme potential of a lifetime of Cinco de Mayo birthdays?
Plus, if we ever run out of time to plan, we can always just walk her to the park and point to all the piñatas and tell her…. THIS… is ALL for you!! Happy Birthday!!!
But seriously, WHAT are the odds of a baby actually being born on her due date?
I Googled it.
According to my ‘sources’ [which range from Yahoo Answers to various pregnancy resource websites, the number ranges from 2-5%
Hmm.. not the best odds, but a girl can dream, right?
5. It is my sincerest pleasure to be a contributing writer for Grey Likes Baby… First because it forces [ahem, allows] me to document some of the thoughts and feelings I know I’ll want to reflect upon later. Second, it gives me a chance to meet and interact with the greater community of marvelous mothers who have paved the path before me.
So much more to come.
Until next time…
Nov29 Homemade Advent Calendar 2012
It’s almost December 1st, which means the start of the beautiful advent calendar tradition. If you are looking to make your own, this one is such a precious idea from Shim & Sons.
First you can purchase craft boxes and use Martha Stewarts rub on transfer numbers, or just use stickers with a cute printout of the numbers.
On some days the kids will open the box and receive and small little toy.
On other days the kids will open the box and find a fun family activity planned for the day. I LOVE this idea. Maybe you could add a little peppermint candy to add to the excitement.
Nov20 Thanksgiving tradition 2012
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is almost here!!! I can hardly contain my excitement. I am going to let you in on a little Watkins family tradition. We always go around the table and say what we’re thankful for, and it generally involves plenty of tears as we are a family of four girls. At the end of it we open up THE VAULT (which is a manilla envelope taped shut) and pull out our time capsules (a scrap of paper folded and taped).
Here’s how it works, after we say what we’re thankful for, we write down what we hope we will be thankful for the next year. Then we fold it up with the rest of our time capsules and lock it up to be opened the next year at our Thanksgiving table. We started the tradition when I was in high school and it’s fun to look back over all the things I was hoping would happen: surviving high school, college and grad school, hoping to be engaged, hoping to buy a home, praying for the health of my sister babies that were on the way, and always praying for health and joy for my entire family. It a lovely tradition and I will pass it along to you to enjoy as well.
Thankful Poster can be purchased on Etsy
Thanksgiving Table Photo Credit: FLICKR