© 2014 GREY LIKES WEDDINGS. All Rights Reserved. A SITE BY DL/SH DESIGN.
Jan11 My Top FIve 2013
Here’s another series of “my top five” for those new mom’s who are overwhelmed by the plethora of registry options. This can help you hear from real new mom’s who have their top five items they couldn’t live without. Some of these items you may not be able to register for at the large chain baby stores, which is why I LOVE telling readers about the online baby registry Baby List. It’s a website that allows you to register at any online store (i.e. amazon, etsy, and in this case Timi and Leslie) and it makes it really easy for people to to find exactly what you want for you shower. So put your feet up and let your fingers do the shopping!
1. Moby – I could not have survived the first few weeks without this. She loved being in it awake or asleep and it was the only way I got anything done around the house. I still use it a ton when I’m out. I even learned how to nurse in it and survived a whole day at Disneyland by doing so. Hands free nursing while walking, amazing!
2. Boppy – Brynn is unfortunately a sleep eater – which means up until recently it took her 40 minutes or longer to eat. She also had jaundice so I was feeding her every two hours around the clock for a while. So if you do the math I only had about an hour break in between feedings. Basically, my arms thank the Boppy
3. Timi & Leslie Diaper Bag (Jessica) – I love this bag! Anyone who knows me, knows I’m a little OCD about organization. I have an exact place for everything. This bag is big enough to fit all that I need, (diapers, wipes, multiple outfits (for blow outs or excess spit up), blankets, burp cloths, nursing cover, etc.) and has so many pockets that everything has a perfect place. Plus it looks more like a purse than a diaper bag. I love being a mom but I don’t want everything about me to scream “I’m a mom!”
4. Sleep Sheep – This cute little sheep has four white noises: rain, ocean, whale and mothers heart beat (personally, I think the whale is a little creepy, but to each his own). Not only is it very soothing but it also helps to drown out other noises, like the obnoxious dog next door. It’s been so great in fact, that my husband and I think we might be relying on it too much for our own sleep.
5. Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets – I love these because they are huge blankets that are light weight. The size makes them super easy to use as swaddles and they are breathable enough to not over heat your baby in the summer but keep them warm in the winter. And I’m not going to lie, I love the prints!